Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Minute I Inspired

Not that I moved or motivated anyone...I just breathed in fully today. It was a busy weekend full of great people, but it was the last item of busy-ness I had to attend to after a long period of unexpected surprises (for better or worse).

{He lives most life whoever breathes most air.} Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Funny how this works...

To breathe in fully, you have to first breathe out everything you're already holding. To inspire [defn: (1) to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence (2) to produce or arouse a feeling, thought, etc. (3) to fill or affect with a specified feeling, thought, etc. (4) to inhale] you must first expire [defn: (1) to come to an end or terminate as a contract, guarantee, offer, etc. (2) to emit the last breath (3) to exhale].

I haven't decided what this means yet, but it took up about 10 minutes of my attention today on the bike.



This is a recent source of inspiration for me.  It's an original oil sketch, drawn by my grandmother Dzintra Dungan, in 1964.  I have no idea who this man is or what served as her source of inspiration, but how can you look at this without smiling?!

Until next time,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment